HATFIELD & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Two hundred and thirteenth Parish Council meeting of Hatfield & District Group Parish Council held on 10 January 2017 in Pudleston Village Hall at 7pm
Councillor T. Brooke Chairman
Councillor R Hanson
Councillor M Thomas
Ward Member Councillor Bruce Baker 3 members of the Public
Clerk Mrs S Hanson
The Chairman welcomed all present to the Parish Council Meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Councillor A Lewis (Holiday) Councillor C Price (family bereavement) The members were saddened to hear of the passing of Councillor Price’s father. The Clerk was asked to write on the Parish Council’s behalf, expressing their condolences.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND WRITTEN APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATIONS by Parish Councillors. None were received
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING to Adopt the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 29 November 2016.
Resolved: The Minutes were confirmed and signed by the Chairman
4.1 The Treasure’s Account stood at £9,746.49
4.2 Change of Signatory. The bank mandate had been updated: altering the clerk details and also requesting two signatories only on cheques.
4.3 Resolved to pass the following cheques for payment HALC Fun with Finance 1 Day Training £120.00 (412) Pudleston Village Hall hire Winer Rate x 2 meetings £43.20 (413) Clerk’s Wages £****(414) HMRC £4.40 (415) Expenses £38.81 (416) Core Strategy Herefordshire Council £20.00 (417)OPEN SESSION (10 MINUTES)
5. Ward member report. Councillor Bruce Baker:
Herefordshire Council has been awarded £285.800 from Dept. of Health to help residents with learning disabilities to live more independently across the county. The funding will enable the council to provide “assistive technology” Although helping resident across the county it will focus on 12 supported housing schemes in Hereford, Ross on Wye and Leominster.
The 2017/18 provisional local government finance settlement for Herefordshire had been announced by central government. As a result of this announcement, made in 2016 Autumn Statement, Herefordshire will receive an additional £0.9m to support the delivery of adult care.
Central Government has sanctioned a rise in council tax precepts to a total of 6% over the next 3 years to fund adult social care.
Herefordshire Council current plan requires a further £17.5m of savings over the next 3 financial years contributing to a total of £87m of savings since 2010.
The members expressed their concerns regarding the eviction of tenants and selling off of Council Holdings. Councillor Baker reassured members that to his knowledge no tenants were to be evicted.
- To Note Matters raised by local residents on Parish Matters.
Several potholes and highway problems were raised (included in 9. Highways)
Gritting (included in 9. Highways)
6. BROADBAND Councillor Baker had sent two updates regarding Broadband and Fastershire, both were on website. The PVH campaign had led to articles in The Hereford Times, The Times, Radio 4 Today programme, to mention a few. They were pursing Kim Mears (BT director) and waiting for feedback from Bill Wiggin who had offered to set up a meeting.
7. DEFIBRILLATOR PVH were waiting to hear from British Heart Foundation. The Clerk reminded members that there were stringent rules and regulations regarding donations from Parish Council Funds.
8.1 To Consider comments on the following planning applications for determination by Herefordshire Council None Received Resolved
8.2 To Note Planning Application Approved/Refused by Herefordshire None Received Resolved
8.3 As Resolved: The clerk had purchased a copy of the Herefordshire Local Plan Core Strategy 2011 – 2031 and Herefordshire Local Plan Core strategy 2011 – 2031 Appendices, on behalf of the Parish Council.
9.1 Highfields Farm Bridle Path Pudleston. The members had walked the alternative bridle path route and were satisfied with the proposed alteration. Resolved to accept this specified alternative bridle path route. Members were now waiting to hear from the Bridle Path Officer.
9.2 Potholes and Highway Problems to Report
Fencote Abbey U94209 Carpenter’s Cottage to railway line under bridge
Upper Nicholson to Hatfield U94209 (10 pot holes in less than 100metres)
Fairmile Road needs resurfacing C1059
Whyle Lane T Junction Fracturing in road surface U94204
Court Farm to Pudleston Church gate
Resolved The clerk would get updated maps from the Highways Department
9.3 Herefordshire Council Gritting Policy A, B & C roads should be gritted in bad weather
660 miles of Priority Routes in Herefordshire
10. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
Herefordshire Council had stated that Hatfield & District GPC were in the process of preparing a draft NDP. The Clerk asked members to verify the current NDP position. The members confirmed that the plan was currently mothballed. She said she would inform Herefordshire Council again.
11. To Note Information Sheet
11.1 Website the Parishes of Pudleston; Hatfield & Newhampton: Docklow & Hampton Wafre The Clerk said she wanted to put details and information about the Group Parishes on the Website.
It was proposed to advertise for facts, historical facts and information on the Notice Boards and website, for consideration of inclusion. Resolved
11.2 Discovering History at HARC (Herefordshire Archive & Record Centre)
11.3 HARC Spring Newsletter
11.5 Rotherwas Front Line Duty Project Workers at Rotherwas Ordinance Factory World War 1 & 2 Councillor Thomas informed the meeting his Grandmother had been one of the workers at Rotherwas in the Second World War. All members agreed it had been a hazardous occupation, with many side effects for the workforce.
11.6 Western power Summary Report 2015/16
11.7 Locality Brief
- To consider matters as Agenda items for next meeting (No Discussion)
Grant & Donation Policy
- Date of Next Meeting
It was proposed to hold the next meeting of the Parish Council on Tuesday 7th March 2017 . At Pudleston Village Hall at 7 pm.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.19pm