Hatfield and district group parish council
Minutes of the annual parish meeting and the two hundred and second [annual] parish council meeting of Hatfield and district group parish council held on 14 May 2015 in Pudleston village hall at 7pm
Councillor M Thomas Councillor R Hanson Councillor A Hill Councillor C Price Councillor T Brooke Clerk A Billinge
1 Member of the Public
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
1.APOLOGIES Ward Member Bruce Baker. Councillor Price signed the declaration of interest regarding item 5.1 of the Annual Parish Council Meeting.
2. OPEN SESSION Roads, potholes were discussed, and with no further business the meeting closed.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN. Councillor A Hill was proposed as Chairman by Councillor R Hanson and seconded byCouncillor C Price. The Chairman was elected, and completed his acceptance of office form. The councilors all completed and signed their acceptance and Registerable interests forms.
2. ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMANCouncillor T Brooke was proposed as Vice Chairman by CouncillorC Price and seconded by Councillor R Hanson. The Vice Chairman was elected.
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING, were approved and signed
4.1 Audit procedures, and financial statements.
The Annual Governance Statement was approved and signed. The accounts pack for year ended 31 March 2015 was given out to councillors, this pack included, final and agreed annual statement for theNeighbourhood Plan grant, financial statement for the year, and bank statement showing a balance of £1615.69
4.2 Invoices and payments. A cheques for £35 data protection fees, Parish Council expenses £54.82 Village Hall rental £18 and HALC subscriptions of £344.47, Came and Company, Insurance £265 were agreed and signed.Cheques for the clerks salary and PAYE [pre-agreed expenditure] for the period ending 31 May 2015 were also signed. It was reported that 2 free training places were included in the HALC subs, and the clerk agreed to circulate details of forthcoming training.
A copy of the VAT repayment for the year ended 31 March, 2015 was shown to the meeting.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE CLERK INFORM THE COUNCILLORS REGARDING FORTHCOMING TRAINING IT WAS RESOLVED TO ADOPT THE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS AND ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2015.
5.1 APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
150691 The Furzes, Pudleston, HR6 0RA, Rebuild Stables and workshops and stores. A site visit was held on 10 April, NO OBJECTIONS.
150889 Brockmanton Hall, Egg Laying Unit, a site visit was held on 14 April, NO OBJECTIONS.
151081 Chestnut Cottage, Docklow, 2 Storey extension and alterations to garage. NO OBJECTIONS
150120 Land at Whyle House, 2 Bedroomed holiday let. NO OBJECTIONS
151112 Whyle Cottage, Whyle Lane, Pudleston. Rear extension 3 bay garage, store and home working office above. NO OBJECTIONS
5.2 To note – planning applications approved– None
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE PLANNING POLICY BE AMENDED AND ITEM 1 BE AMENDED TO READ THAT PLANNING APPLICATIONS BE CIRCULATED TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE PARISH COUNCIL, EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF COUNCILLOR GRIFFITHS, WHO SHOULD BE SUPPLIED WITH A PAPER PRINT OUT IF THE APPLICATION WAS FOR HATFIELD PARISH.
6. HIGHWAYS The clerk agreed to report potholes and problems as discussed in the open session, as follows: Repairs to right of way off the C1059 which the council had some time ago, agreed to. The ditch before the bridge on the C1059 as previously reported. A reminder to be sent about the state of the road up to Nicholson Farm [U94209]. A series of potholes were reported between Brockmanton and Fairmile.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE CLERK EMAIL BELFOUR BEATTY TO REPORT THESE MATTERS
7. VACANCY A Parish Council vacancy had been created by the recent elections, where insufficient number of persons were nominated. It was reported, that the Parish Council has 35 days from the election to co-opt. If the Parish Council fails to fill the vacancy, then Herefordshire Council may exercise its power to order a fresh election. After a unanimous vote, Eric Griffiths was co-opted on to the Parish Council, and filled in his acceptance form.
8. CLERKS UPDATE AND CORRESPONDENCE
8.1 The clerk reported items of interest that had been circulated. The clerk resigned, and Councillor Brooke told the meeting, he was disappointed as the clerk had done a sterling job, he wanted this to be minuted. Other councilors agreed. It was decided ask HALC to place an advert for a clerk to the Parish Council for 6 hours per week.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE CLERK CONTACT HALC TO PLACE AN ADVERT FOR A NEW CLERK
8 2. The Law for Parish Meetings has been updated from April. LTN 5, now permits email service of the summons, agenda, minutes to be sent out, within 5 working days before the meeting. New requirements for parish councils: the summons [together with electronic signature] , agenda and all the working papers be published on a website, 5 working days before a meeting. Draft minutes to be published on a website within one month of a meeting. It was decided that the draft minutes should be circulated to all the Parish Councillors for checking before publication.The clerk read out the various other new requirements. The clerk added that the Parish Council should now have its own website, and this should be set up immediately to comply with the new laws. Councillor Thomas agreed to look into quotes for the creation of a new website. The clerk added that HALC would advertise these documents if required.
9. AGENDA Items raised for next meeting: Website
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING 30 July 2015 at 7.00pm [subject to hall availability].