MINUTES OF THE TWO HUNDRETH MEETING OF HATFIELD AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 3 FEBRUARY, 2015 AT PUDLESTON VILLAGE HALL AT 7PM.
Chairman – Councillor M W Thomas Councillor R M Hanson Councillor C Price
Clerk A Billinge
Ward Member: Councillor J Millar
4 Members of the public
1 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
The clerk had received from Councillor T Brooke [away from home] and Councillor E Griffiths [illness]. Councillor Hanson reported apologies from Councillor Hill.
2.DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND WRITTEN APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATIONS by Parish Councillors. None.
3.MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 18 NOVEMBER, 2014, were approved and signed.
4. OPEN SESSION
The Chairman welcomed members of the public to the 200th meeting of the Parish Council. A question was asked on the progress of the planning application regarding the private chapel at Pudleston Court. Councillor Millar told the meeting that the chapel and burial ground may not be approved. A discussion followed and it was noted that the covenant could be overturned if parties agreed. However there could be planning restrictions.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE CLERK EMAIL THE PLANNING OFFICER FOR CLARIFICATION
The minutes of previous meetings are now available on the Pudleston Village Hall website, but a resident pointed out that this did not include the dates of the next meetings. It was discussed and also suggested that these dates be advertised.
A salt bin was requested for the bottom of Pignall/Ford bank, and drainage problems since road resurfacing reported. Also potholes were reported.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE CLERK EMAIL THE LOCALITY STEWART AND REPORT THESE PROBLEMS, AND THE LACK OF HGV WARNING SIGNS ON OLD MILL LANE.
4.1 WARD MEMBERS REPORT
Councillor Millar told the meeting that there was not much to report before the election. His December report had been circulated. Herefordshire council would be holding a meeting on Friday to set the budget and he was almost sure an increase of 1.9 would be recommended. However Parish Councils would still receive the same rebate as last year, and this would help the precept.
5. FINANCE 5.1 Invoices and Payments Parish Council expenses of £78.02 were approved. Cheques for hall rental £21.60 and Clerks wages and HM Revenue and Customs were signed. A copy of the bank statement was available and inspectioned, by the councillors. 5.2 Adopting the New Financial Regulations – these were approved and adopted. The clerk pointed out that in the new regulations, bank statements were to be made available 4 times a year, whereas at the moment it was only at regular intervals. The clerk added that she found the new regulations very sound.
6.1. Planning Applications Received 143545 Woodside, Pudleston, Proposed Extension NO OBJECTIONS. 143775 Proposed replacement cubicle building at Nicholson Farm, Docklow NO OBJECTIONS.
6.2 Planning Applications Approved 142830 Pudleston Court, Proposed PV array and biomass boiller has been approved. 143137 Field House Pudleston, proposed 16 ground mounted solary array had been granted, subject to conditions.
7. HIGHWAYS The clerk had received an email from Andy Offer regarding the ditch at Whyle Lane, and had responded. Mrs Jolly from Pudleston was concerned about the lack of gritting in Pudleston, and the clerk had contacted Balfour Beatty, who replied stating only primary routes were gritted. Mrs Jolly had spoken to Councillor Hanson. There was a new email address for residents to report any road/highway issued directly to Herefordshire Council, https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/report-it The clerk would continue to report matters directly to the locality stewart. James Powell of Balfour Beatty who previously dealt with parish clerks was no longer available.
NEW LENGTHSMAN SCHEME FOR 2015/16 Details of the new scheme had been previously circulated to Councillors with email access. A copy was made available for inspection at the meeting. The clerk pointed out that there was a form to complete, and if the scheme was to be taken up, this form was urgently deadlined.
PUBLIC REALM ANNUAL PLAN FOR 2015/16 The clerk had circulated details of two parish briefings in the Thorn office training room in Hereford, planned by Balfour Beatty to be held on 17 and 19 March, 7-.8.30pm.
8. CLERK’S REPORT AND UPDATE The following information had been circulated, Councillor Millars December report, 3 Bedroomed property available at Tan House, Pudleston. Broadband update from Fastershire. Neighbourhood plan update re dates, and subsequent update from Herefordshire Council. Health and Wellbeing Strategy event on 4 February in Hereford, Kindle Centre from 10- 1am. Information of Tree Warden courses. Footpaths scheme, New Lenghtsman scheme. Public Realm Annual Plan briefing 17 and 19 March. Womens workshops and Fastershire training. Parish Councils affordable housing scheme. Community learning grants from Skills Funding Agency. Create website training. Weekly briefing from our locality stewart.
The clerk reported that she had spoken to Alex Fitzpatrick re grant wellbeing inovation fund to invite her to the PC meeting, but unfortunately the grant funding ended before 3 February.
The clerk reported that there was a meeting on 16 February, at Herefordshire Council for clerks and prospective councillors.
The purchase of WORD had allowed the minutes to be shared on line, and copies were now available on Pudleston Village Hall website. The clerk and chair [Councillor M Thomas] had written a short introduction, as requested. The clerk added she was to ask the Parish Council if dates of meetings could be added, but this had already been covered in the open session.
9. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN UPDATE
Councillor Hanson commented “Well Done!” when the chairman showed the meeting the first printed draft of the Neighbourhood Plan. An electronic copy was also available to view and interact with, on the Parish Council laptop. The clerk suggested that the requested data needed to complete the draft plan, be put on straight on to the laptop at the next committee meeting. A committee meeting was suggested for the 18 February, subject to hall availability.
The clerk reported that the grant had now been completed and all figures signed off by grant manager Geraldine Page. Evidence of this was shown to the meeting. A balance of approximately £370 would be available for the completion of the draft plan. Herefordshire Council had sent a letter regarding elections and the dates of the consultation periods, this had now been altered to a deadline of 30 March, or after the elections in May.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE CLERK BOOK THE HALL AND URGENTLY CONTACT ALL COMMITTEE MEMBERS TO ARRANGE A MEETING
10. SCHOOL GOVERNOR – Kimbolton St James C E Primary School
The chair told the meeting that there was a vacancy for a governor representing Pudleston, and requested this be advertised on the notice board.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE CLERK ADVERTISE THIS VACANCY ON THE NOTICE BOARD
11. REVIEW OF CLERKS SALARY
Pursuant of section 1  of the Public Bodies [Admission to Meetings] Act 1960 it was resolved that because of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted, the public and press leave the meeting during consideration of this item.
The chair, Councillor Thomas proposed that the clerks salary be raised, with effect from 1 February, 2015, to Scale Point 17 on the NALC National Salary Awards scale, and in line with the requirements of the new financial regulations. This was seconded by Councillor Price, and unanimously agreed by all the Councillors present at the meeting.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE CLERKS SALARY BE RAISED FROM 1 FEBRUARY, 2015.
12. TO CONSIDER MATTERS RAISED BY MEMBERS AS AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING – No points raised.
The clerk was requested to put up information for the residents about the forthcoming Parish Council elections, and to place an ad in the Link magazine.
IT WAS RESOLVED THAT THE CLERK PUT UP INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS ABOUT FORTHCOMING PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS
13. DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS were agreed as follows:
Parish Council 18 March. Annual Parish Meeting, followed by Annual Parish Council Meeting to be held on 14 May, subject to hall availability.
The meeting closed At 8 o’clock.