Minutes of the Two hundred and eleventh Parish Council meeting of Hatfield & District Group Parish Council held on 24 October 2016 in Pudleston Village Hall at 7pm
Extra Ordinary Meeting
Councillor R Hanson (Vice Chairman) Councillor A Lewis
Councillor E Griffiths Councillor C Price
Ward Member Councillor Bruce Baker 1 member of the Public
To be appointed: Clerk Mrs S Hanson
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Councillor T Brooke (Chairman) was currently in hospital after an accident. Councillor M Thomas (work commitments) The members sent their Best Wishes to Councillor Brooke for a speedy recovery.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND WRITTEN APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATIONS by Parish Councillors. Councillor Hanson signed the book regarding the appointment of the Clerk (Mrs S Hanson) and said he would abstain from vote and discussion. (Minute 3)
3. APPOINTMENT OF CLERK A letter of resignation from Mrs Anne Billinge dated from 30 September 2016 had been received.
Mrs S Hanson appointment as Clerk and RFO to the Parish Council
3.1 The clerk’s salary: scale point 20 for 6 hours per week as recommended by HALC & NALC Resolved
3.2 The members read and Noted the clerk’s references
3.3 An email had been received from Councillor M Thomas wholly endorsing Mrs Hanson’s appointment as Parish Council Clerk.
3.4 The members were unanimously in favour of appointing Mrs Hanson and agreed to backdate her wages and expenses to 1 October 2016 from whence she had been unofficially acting as Clerk Resolved
Mrs Hanson thanked the members and said she was pleased to be returning to the position.
Councillor Lewis Apologised to the members and the Clerk and left the meeting to attend a prior engagement
4. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING to Adopt the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 6 September 2016.
Resolved: The Minutes were confirmed and signed by the Vice Chairman
5. OPEN SESSION (10 MINUTES)
5.1 Ward member report. Councillor Bruce Baker: The new waste incinerator at Hartlebury is now up and running
The sale of smallholdings is now in the hand of the agents – Fisher German. No evictions are planned and tenants will be allowed to stay on, until a buyer is found.
The new University (new Model for Information & Technology) is on track. The first students are due to arrive in 2018.
9 parishes have adopted Neighbourhood Plans with 104 in the system.
300 Syrian refugee families are due to arrive on 29th November 2016. They will be housed in Hereford city under the control of the charity Refugee Action. Another 300 will arrive in March 2017.
Ref Core Strategy under policies RA2 &RA3 here are no settlements in our area part of the main focus for proportionate housing development. The settlements in our area where proportionate housing is appropriate are Docklow, Hatfield & Pudleston. The members resolved to investigate purchasing a copy of the Plan
5.2 To Note Matters raised by local residents relevant to the Parish
No item raised
6. FINANCE On 24 October 2016 the Treasure’s Account stood at £10,539.61. On 20.09.16 the biannual Precept had been received.
6.1 Resolved: To pass the following cheques for payment:
(406) Pudleston Village Hall (Winter rate) Hall hire £21.60 (407) Eyelid Productions Website training £60.00
6.2 The members discussed the future of the Finance working Group
6.1 Consider comments on the following planning applications for determination by Herefordshire Council
P162953/F Proposed erection of poultry managers dwelling PUDLESTON
Land adjacent Brockmanton Hall, Whyle Lane
Site Meeting 29/9/16 Hatfield & District GPC have no objections and support this application with
the proviso that all the economic basic regulations are complied with
P162815/L Proposal to replace 2 no windows with patio doors. Replace 2 no patio doors with bi-fold doors in original opening. Form opening between kitchen and sitting room to match existing
Rickyard House, Lower Whyle PUDLESTON
Resolved No matters were arising.
8. TO NOTE INFORMATION SHEET
8.1 Marches Hub Growth Events
8.3 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
The clerk asked members if they knew where the mothballed Neighbourhood Plan was
9. To consider matters as Agenda items for next meeting (No Discussion)
9.1 Highfields Bridle Path Pudleston
10. Date of Next Meeting
It was proposed to hold the next meeting of the Parish Council on Tuesday 29/11/16 and provisionally book the hall for Tuesday 10/01/17
The meeting closed at 8.09pm