HATFIELD & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Annual Meeting for Hatfield & Newhampton, Docklow & Hampton Wafre and Pudleston. Held on 22nd May at 7.00pm at Pudleston Village Hall.
Present: Councillor R Hanson (Chair) Tim Brooke, Adam Lewis, Cecil Price, Michael Thomas.
Ward Member Bruce Baker; Susan Hanson (Clerk) 10 members of the public.
The Chairman welcomed everybody to the meeting
1. Apologies Apologies were received from Eric Griffiths (work commitments)
2. Open Meeting Most members of the public had come to discuss the Kings Head Docklow, as this was on the agenda for the Parish Council Meeting it was proposed to proceed with the Parish Council Meeting.
Minutes of the Annual meeting, being the one hundredth and twenty fifth meet of the Hatfield & District group Parish Council held on 22nd May 2018, At Pudleston Village Hall.
Present: Robert Hanson (Chair) Tim Brooke Adam Lewis Cecil Price Michael Thomas
Ward Member Bruce Baker (BB) Susan Hanson Clerk 10 members of the public
1. Election of Chairman Councillor C Price proposed Robert Hanson be re-elected as Chairman T Brooke seconded all members were unanimously in favour. R Hanson completed the declaration of Office which was witnessed by the Proper Officer of the council (Clerk)
2. Election of Vice Chairman Councillor M Thomas proposed C Price be re-elected as Vice Chairman. A Lewis seconded all members were unanimously in favour.
3. Apologies. Apologies were received from Eric Griffiths (work commitments)
4. Declarations of Interest and written Applications for Dispensations C Price declared a pecuniary interest re item 9.2 180776/F Herefordshire council’s decision on planning application (applicant)
M Thomas declared a pecuniary interest re Kings Head Docklow (he worked at the same company as the agent although he was involved in the livestock/market department)
5.1 To adopt the Minutes of the Ordinary meeting held on 6th March 2018. The minutes were confirmed and signed as a true record.
5.2 To adopt the Minutes of the Extra Ordinary meeting held on 2nd May 2018. The minutes were confirmed and signed as a true record.
6. To approve and Adopt the New Model Standing Orders 2018. Noted: with one observation 1) The chairman was to use discretion when members of public spoke allowing them longer than the 10 minutes allocated where/when necessary. All members voted in favour of adopting the New Modal Standing Orders. RESOLVED.
7. OPEN SESSIONS To receive a brief verbal report from
7.1 Ward Councillor Bruce BakerTold members and parishioners when he is consulted on a planning application he gets the front page. He does not comment on application unless asked to by Parishioners or the Parish Council.
7.2 A member of Public asked about The Long Fridays application at Pudleston. He was concerned about plant using the current entrance. M Thomas was able to confirm that the applicant was putting in another access to the property across a field and that the building was being screened by a large wall. (9.2 item 3)
8.1 Exemption certificate (where higher gross income or gross expenditure did not exceed £25,000 The RFO and chair signed and completed the exemption certificate. All in favour 8.2 To consider Internal Auditors Report Considered & Approved All in favour 8.3 To consider Adopting Annual Accounts Considered & Approved and signed by RFO & Chair 8.4 To approve Section 1 – Annual Governance statement 2017/8 Considered, completed, Approved and Signed RFO & Chair 8..5To approve Accounting Statement 2017/18 Considered, Approved and Signed RFO & Chair 8.6 Treasurer’s Account Balance at 30/03/18 £10,721.02 8.7Treasurer’s Account Balance at 22/05/18 £14,521.37 Precept £3750 & Vat £69. 35 8.8 To pass the following cheques for Payment Clerk’s Wage £*** (461) Expenses £103.78 (462) Cheque cancelled increase in premium (£35 to £40)(463) Pudleston Village Hall Hire £18.00 (464) G Simpson Internal Auditor £50.00 (465) Came & Company Insurance £332.80 (466) 8.9 The Clerk explained as Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) she kept the Financial accounts on Excel spreadsheet, along with Corresponding Invoices, A Payment and a Cash Received book. . Invoices were paid promptly at the meetings, but under delegated powers up to £200 in between meetings. Bank reconciliations, budgets future and current and risks were all raised each month. All data is transparent and can be accessed. Included in her duties, along with PAYE, was to claim VAT on behalf of the Parish Council and prepare accounts each year for the Annual Audit.
9.1Consider comments on the following planning applications for determination by Herefordshire Council
181578 – Uphampton Farm, Docklow, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 0SN DESCRIPTION: Proposed general purpose agricultural building (for the storage of fodder). NO OBJECTIONS
180242 Planning Re-consultation C1060 from Bockleton Heading South to A.44 and near Bilfield Farm Hatfield Proposed provision of 7 number passing bays along the C1060 together with road widening and installation of mirror at crossroads NO OBJECTIONS
9.2To Note Planning Applications Approval/Refusal by Herefordshire Council
180145 Land adjacent to Abbey View Proposed erection of new dwelling and detached garage HATFIELD GRANTED WITH CONDITIONS
P181279/XA2 – PP – Approval of details reserved by condition Land at The Cattle Shelter at Lower Nicholson Farm Docklow Nr Leominster Herefordshire, Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 3 4 5 & 6 attached to 170212. APPROVED
P181240/PA7 – All others – Prior Approval Long Friday House Golder Field Pudleston Leominster Herefordshire HR6 0RG, Prior notification for an agricultural building, entrance modification and the stone track to access the building. APPROVED
P181091/XA2 – PP – Approval of details reserved by condition 29th March 2018
Land at Pudleston Court Pudleston Herefordshire, Application for approval of details reserved by condition 3 attached to planning permission.
The members asked what decision had been made on applications: 171219/F Construction of Event Centre building and associated parking area Pudleston court & 171220/L Construction of event centre building and associated parking area Pudleston Court (PC meeting 09/05/17)
BB said he would look into the matter further
Land adjacent Brockmanton Hall Whyle Lane Pudleston Leominster Herefordshire, Application for variation of conditions 2 and 3 of planning permission P162953/F. APPROVED
10. HIGHWAYS 10.1 A report regarding Highways had been received from Balfour Beatty 10.2 BB had been notified about Speed Limit Review on the A.44 at Steensbridge He’d forwarded it to Hatfield GPC & HFSPGPC . HFSPGPC had copied the PC into an email stating they thought a review should take place West of Steensbridge, heading towards Leominster. The PC was in full agreement with HFSPGPC and informed BB they would also contact HFSPGPC and inform them.
11. General Data Protection Regulations
Mike and the Clerk had attended a HALC training course relating to GPR. They were part of the working group involved with GDPR implementation. On 10th May 2018, MPs accepted the Government amendment to exempt all parish and town councils and parish meetings in England and community and town councils in Wales from the requirement to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) under the General Data Protection. (HALC information sheet)
12. Kings Head Docklow M. Thomas left the meeting
12.1 To Approve the application for listing of property as an Asset of Community Value. Kings Head Docklow. The Members were in favour and approved this.
12.2 The Parish Council state that under no circumstances now or in the future are they interested or intending to buy the King’s Head Docklow. Nor will they give financial assistance to any bodies or consortium who may wish to buy it. Members voted all were in favour of this statement RESOLVED
A discussion followed on the Kings head A member of public was sending a community letter into the Herefordshire Council (HC) website also to BB. Over 100 comments had been sent to HC website regarding the pub. BB told the meeting that the pub has no compulsion to stay open but can’t just be turned into a dwelling house. The pub has to be marketed at an agreed marketable value for a period of time. With regard to the current Planning application 181136 instead of being dealt with under Delegated Powers BB would ask for it to be dealt with as a Conditional Redirection, where it would be referred to a planning meeting. All individuals who have commented would be written to and informed of the meeting. BB also told the meeting he would make further enquiries.
13. To Note Information Sheet
13.1 Wish Herefordshire Community Website has a new what’s on section where you can promote any events you’ve got coming up for free. 13.2 Grant programme launched by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund
14. Clerk’s Wages 2018 PayScale (National Joint Council for Local Government Services) The Chairman abstained, but all other members voted to increase the clerk’s wages to the current PayScale Allowance. RESOLVED
15. To consider matters as agenda items for next meeting (No discussion) update on Kings Head & GDPR
16. Date & Venue of Next meeting (proposed) Tuesday 3rd July 2018 at Pudleston Village Hall at 7.00pm
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.39pm